The Township of Uxbridge Site Alteration By-law regulates removing topsoil, placing or dumping fill, and altering the grade of land in our community. You need fill permit before beginning your project.

Applying for a fill permit

Before you start, please book a pre-consultation meeting and we will review your proposal to see if a permit can be issued.

Please provide us with a completed Site Alteration/Fill Permit Application and submit it by email.

In reviewing your application, we will seek comments and approvals from other necessary agencies, as required.


View our fill permit fees to find out how much your permit will cost. Fees vary depending on the size and scope of the project.


View the Site Alteration By-law for a complete list of exemptions.

Contact Us