The Township of Uxbridge is required to provide access to records and release public information is accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Act ensures that information is publicly available while also protecting personal information that is in our custody.

Make an information request

Before making a formal request, contact us to see if the information is already available. If not, please complete the Freedom of Information Request Form and submit it along with a $5.00 application fee to the municipal office located at 51 Toronto St. S. in Uxbridge.

Please indicate the type of request on the form:

  • General information (doesn't include personal information)
  • Personal information
  • Third party personal information
  • Correction of personal information

Requesting access to your own information

Along with your application, you will need to verify your identity by showing valid identification to access personal information.

Correction of personal information

If you are requesting a correction to your own personal information records, describe the correction you want and provide any necessary supporting documentation. If possible, please provide copies of the information to be corrected and the information you want to replace it with.

Requesting information for a third party

If you are requesting another person's personal information records, you must provide proof that you have to the authority to act on their behalf. This includes proof of a power of attorney or a guardian or trusteeship order.


Fees are set by the Provincial Government and are based on search time and the volume of documents requested. We will provide you with a fee estimate before processing your request. Freedom of Information (FOI) Application fees are $5.00, while FOI Search Time is billed at $7.50 per 15 minutes, and photocopying at $0.20 per page.

Fees can be waived if it is in the public's best interests to do so, or if the fees would cause financial hardship.


If you are not satisfied with our response to your request for information, you can make an appeal to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.

Contact Us