Making a claim against a municipality

If you believe that the Township of Uxbridge has been negligent in its maintenance of municipal facilities, roads, sidewalks, storm sewers, or parks, which has caused you injury or damage to your property, you can file a notice of claim against the Township of Uxbridge.

What to consider when making a claim

We recommend you consult your insurance company or insurance representative first, for advice on how to deal with your injury or damage. Your insurance coverage may be more extensive than what you can recover from the municipality.

If your insurer believes the Township of Uxbridge is responsible for your damages, they may seek compensation against the Township of Uxbridge on your behalf.

The Township of Uxbridge only provides consideration of your claim if it is legally responsible for your damage.

Limitations and timelines

There may be limitation periods and other procedural timelines that apply to your claim. You should consult your own legal counsel or insurer as required.

Notice of understanding

The use of profanity, abuse, threats, or bullying may result in the examiner, independent adjuster or municipal staff assigned to the claim being unable to provide any further contact, support, or consideration of your claim.

To make a claim against the Township of Uxbridge for injury or damages you must complete the online Municipal Claim Form.

Contact Us