Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2023 12:10 PM
Please be advised that local road closures are in effect on Friday, May 12th for Big Brothers Big Sisters Association of North Durham’s MegaBike Event.
Beginning at 8am, local road closures will commence in the vicinity of Elgin Park until approximately 5pm. Road closures include:
- Water St., 88 metres North of end of road
- Mill St., between Water St. and Bascom St.
- Bascom St., between Mill St. and 33 metres North of Poplar St.
- Brock St. W., between Bascom St. and Main St. N.
- Main St. N., between Brock...
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 04:09 PM
Durham Region residents have a chance to win a $100 gift card to their favourite grocery store by entering our Durham Region Waste App Contest by midnight on May 31.
To enter, simply download the Durham Region Waste app on App Store or Google Play to your mobile device. Then, sign up for a reminder (via email, mobile, iCal or voice message) and enter the contest through the app. One winner will be selected from each area municipality in Durham Region. Only one entry per person will be included...
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:38 AM
The Region of Durham’s new At The Ready guide is an essential piece in your emergency preparedness toolkit. This year, as a part of Emergency Preparedness Week (May 7 to 13), the Region is launching its completely reimagined At The Ready guide–a no-fuss approach to emergency preparedness.
Preparing for emergencies doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. This newly designed guide has been condensed down to the most important things you can do to make your family ready for an emergency:
- A simple...
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:27 AM
Durham Region residents are invited to celebrate National Public Works Week by attending our free in-person event on Saturday, May 27. Learn about the many services provided by the Works Department.
When: Saturday, May 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rain or shine).
Scugog Depot10 Goodwood Road, Port Perry Activities include a public works truck and equipment display and a vehicle simulator. No pre-registration is required.
Each year during the third week of May, municipalities across North...
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:07 AM
Council Highlights for May 1, 2023:
- Township Has Sold Former Fire HallThe former Fire Hall at 17 Bascom St. has been sold. The property was purchased from the Township for $1 million dollars. The Township will use the funds from the sale against the debenture obtained to pay for the new Fire Hall. Public parking is no longer permitted at the property.
- Durham Region Investing $14.4 Million to Rehabilitate Local Regional RoadsDurham Region is starting two major road improvement projects which...