Committee of Council Highlights - May 16, 2022
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2022 12:29 PM
Committee of Council Highlights for May 16, 2022:
- Jumpstart Multisport Court Opening BBQ a SuccessThe official opening of theJumpstart Multisport Courtwas celebrated with a free community BBQ, music, free t shirts, a visit with Sparky, family friendly games and activities.
- Trail Volunteers Install New Posts and Directional Signs on TrailsThe Trails Committee and their volunteers are installing new trail posts and directional signs as part of a trail improvement project.
- Committee Supports Proposal...
Upcoming E-mobility demo at Regional Headquarters
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2022 12:18 PM
Staff from Durham Region’s Planning and Economic Development Department and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team are hosting an e-scooter and e-bike demo to educate attendees on the use of E-mobility devices, rules, regulations and safety tips outlined in the new Regional Electric Kick Scooter By-law, on June 15 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The E-mobility demo will take place at Regional Headquarters, 605 Rossland Road East, Whitby, ON L1A 6A3, in the northwest parking lot. Regional...
Committee of Council Highlights - June 6, 2022
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2022 10:58 AM
Committee of Council highlights for June 6, 2022:
- Storm Recovery Continues after May 21, 2022 TornadoMayor Barton and members of Council thanked Township staff, police, first responders and those who responded after the storm and worked diligently in emergency response and storm recovery. Councillors praised the community spirit and neighbourly support to help those in need during recovery.
- June is Bike MonthThe Uxbridge transportation committee is encouraging residents to cycle during Bike Month...
Planks Lane Construction to Take Place During Summer 2022
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2022 09:35 AM
Beginning in early July, construction work will take place on Plank’s Lane between Franklin St. and Marietta St. Sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and water mains will be updated and the street scape will be rebuilt with a curb and gutter. A new multi-use path and sidewalk will help facilitate active transportation to both Uxbridge Secondary School and Joseph Gould Public School. The sidewalk (north side) and multi-use pathway (south side) will mirror the work that was done on Planks Lane north...
Township Page June 9, 2022
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2022 08:57 AM
The June 9 2022 issue of Township page 2 of the Cosmos newspaper is available for viewing.