Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023 03:49 PM
On August 1 from 4 to 7 p.m., the Emancipation Day Celebration in Durham Region returns at the Audley Recreation Centre in Ajax.
In recognition of Emancipation Day (August 1), the Region’s Emancipation 2023 Celebration Committee is hosting an Emancipation Day Celebration at Audley Recreation Centre (Community Hall),1955 Audley Road North, Ajax. This year’s theme is Liberation. Legacy. Progress.
This free, family-friendly celebration will include live performances, food vendors, children’s...
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2023 04:18 PM
The Township of Uxbridge intends to control noxious weeds along pre-selected rural Concession roadsides north of Davis Drive.
Areas to be sprayed are marked in green on the maps below (click to enlarge).
The following pesticides registered under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada) will be used:
- ClearView Herbicide (PCP registration number 29752), which contains the active ingredients, Metsulfuron-Methyl and Aminopyralid (present as potassium salt). Hasten NT Ultra Spray Adjuvant (PCP...
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023 01:38 PM
The June 29 2023 issue of Township page 2 of the Cosmos newspaper is available for viewing.Note: There will not be a July 6 2023 issue of the Cosmos newspaper. The next issue of Township page of the Cosmos newspaper will be available for viewing on July 13 2023.
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2023 03:38 PM
Various safety improvements for the Goodwood community are set to roll out over the next four years, with some projects set to begin in the fall of 2023.
The following are the planned improvements for the Goodwood area:
- Installation of a roundabout at Goodwood Rd. and Brock Rd. in Coppin’s Corners. This project is tentatively scheduled for construction in 2027/2028. Roundabouts maximize safety and minimize delay, while reducing emissions and fuel consumption.
- The Region plans to alter the...
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023 01:54 PM
Please be advised that local road closures are in effect on Sunday, June 25th for the Run for the Diamond event in support of the local hospital.
Beginning at 7:30am, DRPS will be on site to manage local road closures in the vicinity of Elgin Park until approximately 10am. Road closures include:
- Conc. 7, between Goodwood Rd. to Main St. S. at Reach St.
- Elgin Park Dr., between Toronto St. S. and Conc. 7
- Brookdale Rd., between Conc. 7 to Foxfire Chase
- Wagg Rd., between Conc. 7 to Conc. 6
Roads will be...