Emergency preparedness made easier with the new At The Ready guide
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:38 AM
The Region of Durham’s new At The Ready guide is an essential piece in your emergency preparedness toolkit. This year, as a part of Emergency Preparedness Week (May 7 to 13), the Region is launching its completely reimagined At The Ready guide–a no-fuss approach to emergency preparedness.
Preparing for emergencies doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. This newly designed guide has been condensed down to the most important things you can do to make your family ready for an emergency:
- A simple...
Celebrate National Public Works Week in Durham Region
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:27 AM
Durham Region residents are invited to celebrate National Public Works Week by attending our free in-person event on Saturday, May 27. Learn about the many services provided by the Works Department.
When: Saturday, May 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rain or shine).
Scugog Depot10 Goodwood Road, Port Perry Activities include a public works truck and equipment display and a vehicle simulator. No pre-registration is required.
Each year during the third week of May, municipalities across North...
Council Highlights for May 1, 2023
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 10:07 AM
Council Highlights for May 1, 2023:
- Township Has Sold Former Fire HallThe former Fire Hall at 17 Bascom St. has been sold. The property was purchased from the Township for $1 million dollars. The Township will use the funds from the sale against the debenture obtained to pay for the new Fire Hall. Public parking is no longer permitted at the property.
- Durham Region Investing $14.4 Million to Rehabilitate Local Regional RoadsDurham Region is starting two major road improvement projects which...
Council Highlights for April 24, 2023
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 09:30 AM
Council Highlights for April 24, 2023:
- Province Announces Plans for Urban Provincial Park in UxbridgeMembers of Council attended a Provincial announcement on Earth Day at which the Province pledged to create an urban provincial park in the Township of Uxbridge. The Province committed up to 1,315 acres of Provincial land to the park and is looking for public and private partners to add additional conservation lands to the park. The park is a concept and public consultation will take place to help...
Council Highlights for April 17, 2023
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2023 09:12 AM
Council Highlights for April 17, 2023:
- Durham Region Passes 2023/2024 BudgetDurham Region has passed its 2023/2024 Business Plans and Budget. Committee received a report that specifies expenses and revenue in major categories as well as the prescribed tax rates.
- Renovations Planned for Goodwood Ball Diamond in Harold Bell ParkCommittee approved a staff recommendation to award the tender for the Goodwood Ball diamond. The project will install a new backstop fence with an overhang, repair the infield,...